What can I do to decrease my symptoms of fibromyalgia?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Exercise and Meds
Exercise is the number one proven treatment for fibro.
It must be gentle but daily aerobic exercise. There are now 3 medications approved for the treatment of fibromyalgia-savella, Cymbalta and lyrica (pregabalin). Since these require a prescription, i recommend you see your doctor for further evaluation and treatment. Good luck-there is hope!

In brief: Exercise and Meds
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Betty Keller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Healthy diet.
Eat a healthy diet, whole food based.
(see faq #6). Make sure you get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Exercise, its important to exercise, make sure you do not over do it. Practice relaxation techniques. Try yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, meditation or acupuncture. Try soaking in a warm tub with epson's salts. Challenge automatic negative thoughts. Negative thoughts can increase pain.

In brief: Healthy diet.
Eat a healthy diet, whole food based.
Dr. Betty Keller
Dr. Betty Keller