I suffer with constipation. What can I do?

Dr. Kathleen Cullen

In brief: Change diet.

Constipation is often associated with poor diet and lack of exercise.
A diet high in fiber and rich in fruits and vegetables is important. It is also important to drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and get regular aerobic exercise. A good probiotic to help replenish good gut bacteria is also beneficial for digestive health. If with these changes constipation is problematic, seek medical help.

In brief: Change diet.

Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Fluids and fiber

Increase fluid, water and fiber in diet.
Increase fruits and vegetables, preferably fresh. Decrease the amount od dairy products to include cheese as these foods can constipate. If you take supplements with lots of iron, reduce these too. There are forms of iron that cause less constipation.

In brief: Fluids and fiber

Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Troy Reyna
Dr. Shontae Buffington