What about omega 3 supplements?

Good. Omega three fatty acids are so called "good fat." in your diet, you find this kind of fat in things like fish and nuts. This type of fat has been shown to be good for your heart and blood vessels, it decreases inflamation, and is helpful to the body in lots of ways. It might even improve brain function, since the brain contains a large quantity of fat and that fat effects how the brain works.
Not a fan. Why take a supplement when you can get omega-3 fatty acids epa and dha naturally from wild fatty fish like salmon, cod, halibut, anchovies, sardines, herring and ala from plant based foods like flax, chia seeds, help, pirella, etc. It is much better to get what you need from food than from something derived from food.