Should kids take vitamins?

Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Yes.
Yes! every kids (and grownup) should take vitamin d.
I recommend 400iu/day for babies under 3 months, 800iu/day for babies 4-12 months, 1000iu/day for kids age 1-11, and 2000iu for kids 12 and up. Multivitamins are useful for poor eaters. If your kid eats a big variety of fruits, veggies, grains etc. Every day, than a multi is unnecessary. If the diet is less than great though, a multi helps.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Shalini Sethi
In brief: Good balanced diet
A good nutritious diet is best .
No need to supplement with vitamins. Vitamin D 400 IU a day for newborns under 1 yrs is what AAP recommends daily .

In brief: Good balanced diet
A good nutritious diet is best .
Dr. Shalini Sethi
Dr. Shalini Sethi
In brief: Yes but...
I would get advice from your Dr. concerning the type and dose of the vitamin.
The weight, age, etc. may make a difference in terms of what brands/vitamins and how much the child can or should take.

In brief: Yes but...
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman