Should I give my newborn vit k shot?

Dr. Mark Diamond

As dr. Franz points out there is no down side.
Of course many kids that have not been given the shot have had no problems.But then most of us have never had a serious car accident, yet our babie still ride in car seats.Vit k shots are insurance, not only to protect bleeding penises, but making sure that accidently bumping the infant's head does not cause serious brain bleeding and the like.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Yes.

Yes. There is no evidence that it is harmful and it prevents hemorrhagic disease of the newborn.
Many parents have foregone the shot and had no problems. If you have a boy, most physicians will not do a circumcision if the child has not had vit k. It is a bad thing to have continued blleeding and oozing form a circumcision.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Ask pediatrician

Rare cases of vitamin k have been reported which is apparently due to a deficiency in the mother. The vitamin is non-toxic and if your newborn has bleeding, your first step should be to go quickly to your pediatrician for diagnosis since there are more common disorders of bleeding.

In brief: Ask pediatrician

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Ask pediatrician

In brief: Ask pediatrician

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger

In brief: Depends

I find this a simple question.
This is state law, yet you can refuse it here. There are rare cases of infant stroke and or other bleeding issues when it is not given that led to the practice in the first place.Are you ready to explain to your paralyzed kid that you didn't want them to suffer pain with a shot, and that is why they grow up different. It would not be likely, but I wouldn't want to.

In brief: Depends

I find this a simple question.