I have severe menstrual cramps, could I have endometriosis?

I am assuming this ? Is not in regard to a 57 yr old:) dysmenorrhea in a reporoductive age women could be a sign of endometriosis and warrants a pe and pelvic ultrasound to rule out any pelvic pathology. Alternatively in the post menopausal women with cramping and menses, cancer must be ruled out but I am guessing this question deals with the former.
Possibly. Severe cramps along with painful intercourse can indicate the presents of endometriosis. Endometriosis is finding bits and pieces of the uterine lining growing in the abdominal cavity. There are 4 stages: minimal, mild, moderate and severe. It can be treated with surgery and medication. Of interest the major sign of endometriosis is infertility though.