I have severe menstrual cramps, could I have endometriosis?

Dr. Kenan Omurtag
In brief: I am assuming this ?
Is not in regard to a 57 yr old:) dysmenorrhea in a reporoductive age women could be a sign of endometriosis and warrants a pe and pelvic ultrasound to rule out any pelvic pathology.
Alternatively in the post menopausal women with cramping and menses, cancer must be ruled out but I am guessing this question deals with the former.

In brief: I am assuming this ?
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Possibly.
Severe cramps along with painful intercourse can indicate the presents of endometriosis.
Endometriosis is finding bits and pieces of the uterine lining growing in the abdominal cavity. There are 4 stages: minimal, mild, moderate and severe. It can be treated with surgery and medication. Of interest the major sign of endometriosis is infertility though.

In brief: Possibly.
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham