Should I take weight loss pills?

Dr. Paige Gutheil
In brief: No
There are very few safe, effective options when it comes to pills to help with weight loss.
I enjoy helping people with weight loss, but very rarely doe that involve appetite suppressants, although often other meds are helpful. The best way to start is to make an appointment for a discussion & blood work. It is helpful if you bring a food log (just a day or two of your typical food intake).

In brief: No
Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Recent studies have shown that working in the fashion Dr Guthell describes with your family physician can help you lose weight and keep it off. A collaborative and integrated approach can work! Good luck
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Depends
It isbetter to have a structured weight loss program to prevent muscle loss - will cause life threatining problems - be careful with weight loss pills.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown