Should I take weight loss pills?

No. There are very few safe, effective options when it comes to pills to help with weight loss. I enjoy helping people with weight loss, but very rarely doe that involve appetite suppressants, although often other meds are helpful. The best way to start is to make an appointment for a discussion & blood work. It is helpful if you bring a food log (just a day or two of your typical food intake).
Depends. It isbetter to have a structured weight loss program to prevent muscle loss - will cause life threatining problems - be careful with weight loss pills.