Should I take vitamins?

Yes. I recommend the following to most people: -a general multivitamin -an omega 3 fatty acid supplement -an extra calcium with vitamin d (especially for teens and post menopausal women) -an extra vitamin d (ask for your levels to be tested) if you have chronic kidney disease, ask before taking vitamins.
Not really. Nothing can replace a whole food diet rich in fruits and veggies. If you cannot consume this then a multivitamin may be necessary.
No. Vitamins are multibillion dollar industry and are consumed by millions without an justifiable reason. Eating a balanced diet is all you need to do. Do not waste money on supplements that will not effect your health.
Vitamins. A good multivitamin is a good idea. It's like an insurance policy for when we don't eat right, don't sleep well, or are especially stressed. Go to a good store or get some guidance because the popular brands are typically very week and not helpful.
My take. A multi after your 40's is not necessarily a bad idea, particularly since I have a fairly good idea how long your days probably are doc. I just would take them at night, empty stomach, 2-3 x's a week tho. Should be plenty.