What can causing intermittent tingling under one shoulder blade? Could it be shingles? 

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: No
I say no because u said intermittent, so am presuming this has been going on for a while.
Commonly, tingling or some sensation...Itchy, pain... Occurs prior to the outbreak of the rash of shingles, but generally this happens within 10 days. The rash is like crops of tiny blisters that occur along a nerve path on only one side of the body. Likely tingle will resolve on own. If not, c the doc.

In brief: No
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Prem Gupta
Neurology
In brief: Not likely
Shingles is associated with intense pain and subsequent fluid filled rashes with in a few days in a nerve root distribution and it will clarify itself.
More likely it is nerve irritation in upper thoracic area.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Prem Gupta
Dr. Prem Gupta