A ganglion cyst that was popped in my hand 3 months ago is back. What is te next course of treatment?

Dr. George Valdez

In brief: Surgeon

Time to visit your local neighborhood orthopedic hand specialist.
The cyst goes down to the bone, so to keep it from coming back needs surgery. Of course if it isn't painful, it's not necessary, but if it is, surgery is the best option.

In brief: Surgeon

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Agree with Dr Valdez. I would be seen by surgeon for initial evaluation. Than a 6 month visit to see if reoccurrence has happened. If re growth than consider surgery.
Dr. David Yan
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Surgery

Drainage of a ganglion cyst tends to have a pretty high rate of recurrence.
If the cyst is causing symptoms such as pain or discomfort, i think surgery is the way to go. It's a fairly minor procedure that can be done in less than an hour as an outpatient procedure. Recurrence rates are much lower after surgery.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. David Yan
Dr. David Yan