How long can I wait to have my basal cell carcinoma treated?

Dr. David Clayton
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sooner the Better

Once the diagnosis of basal cell cancer has been made, it’s time to plan to get it treated.
Although bcca is one of the most “benign” of all cancers, it will continue to grow and become a bigger and bigger problem the longer you wait. So talk with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon within the next couple of weeks to plan out a strategy to treat your basal cell carcinoma.

In brief: Sooner the Better

Dr. David Clayton
Dr. David Clayton
Dr. Donald Kress
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Location is critical

Basal cells are very slow growing tumors and you can wait to have them treated.
Waiting longer may decrease your treatment options and/or lead to more scarring. Do not wait if the tumor is near the eye, nose, ear or any opening that would make removal difficult or impossible.

In brief: Location is critical

Dr. Donald Kress
Dr. Donald Kress