How can I get rid of toenail fungus?

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry

In brief: Three options

There are three main treatment options for toenail fungus.
The first option is an oral medication. The tablets although highly effective do have some possible side effects and consequences. Direct doctor supervision is needed. The second option is laser treatment. This option is also highly effective, in my experience, without any significant side effect. The third option is a topical medication.

In brief: Three options

Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) laser

Lamisil (terbinafine) can be conpunded with DMSO and use topically as a prescription to avoid oral medications.
Oral lamisl is about 58 effective and not in extensive cases. Lasers are now available which can reduce nail fungus including the sciton.

In brief: Lamisil, (terbinafine) laser

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Ronan Monsef

In brief: Medication

There are many over the counter products that quite honestly don't work too well.
The most effective treatment is usually prescription antifungals that are taken orally.

In brief: Medication

Dr. Ronan Monsef
Dr. Ronan Monsef