My lips are dry, flaky and red especially my top lip and the area above it. The side of my lips sting when i open my mouth wide. Will vaseline help?

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dry Mouth

Sure, anything that moisturizes your lips will help to prevent it from cracking.
Mouthwash with alcohol can contribute to dry mouth. Drinking water will help with hydration. It is very common in winter. Having a lip balm/ moisturizer handy will help.

In brief: Dry Mouth

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Vaseline plus.......

Yes, vaseline will help your dry lips and cracks at the corners of your mouth.
Also drink plenty of liquids as you may be dehydrated. Try not to lick your lips with your tongue as this is a common habit that many individuals do, however it only makes things worse. If things do not improve in a day or so, consult your physician as you may have other issues that would need to be addressed.

In brief: Vaseline plus.......

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler