I have rash after I take penicillin ... Is this allergy ?

Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Maybe
Rashes after antibiotics are often from an allergy to the medication.
But often viral infections and even strep throat can cause a rash and if antibiotics were given for strep (or an ear or sinus infection while the person has an underlying viral infection), the rash might be from either the antibiotic or the infection. There are skin tests that is very reliable for penicillin allergy.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
Yes penicillin allergy can start with rash has a potential at times to build in the body to create a reaction let your doc know each time u receive this med so they can watch u.

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown