Immediate home care for high blood pressure (180)? Medication already taken.

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Epsom salts
Take epsom salt - the one you can take orally mix 1 tablespoon with water - add lemon juice if you want to mask the taste keep drinking this every half hour until blood pressure comes down - this has magnesium make you have diarrhea but will relax the blood vessel wall and drop pressure quicker.

In brief: Epsom salts
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
2 comments
Dr. Vasu Brown
You are welcome - Once I was very stressed my BP was 200/110 so used the above and it worked.
Dr. Vasu Brown
I do kidney detox in addition after episode like that to reset my kidneys for 72 hours - will postit
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Yes, it is and you should have gone to the hospital.
You need to see your doctor asap. Untreated high blood pressure can cause damage to your organs especially your kidneys, and are more likely to have a stroke. Avoid caffeine, smoking, tobacco products, decongestant medications and stress.

Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology