I have been diagnosed with hemiplegic migraine. Is this dangerous? Am I more likely to get a stroke?

Yes. Migraines are associated with somewhat increased risk of stroke. You should do your best to minimize risk by not smoking and not taking birth control pills. Do not let a doctor prescribe triptan medications like Imitrex (sumatriptan) and others, or ergotamine medications for 'complex' migraines. Migraine preventative meds should be considered and you should talk to your doctor about this.
Yes. Quite dangerous. You need to be taking antiplatelet drugs for life. Avoid estrogen. Avoid smoking, whether direct, secondary or tertiary. Make sure your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar are in good shape.