For.A while now on my left foot the side where my big toe is it has been numb there's no pain?

In brief: Joplin's Neruoma

What you are describing is entrapment of the medial planter proper digital nerve which innervates your big toe.
If you have a bunion on the side of your foot this is mostly what is causing it. You need to see a podiatrist. There are injections along with orthotics and shoe modification that can help with this condition. Later on it my cause a lot of burning sensation and discomfort if left alone.

In brief: Joplin's Neruoma

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: There are many

Possible causes. Nutritional deficiency, side effects of medication, small nerve fiber disease, nerve compression, low back issues, some systemic diseases like diabetes can cause this as well.
I would recommend you see a doctor to help differentiate which of the above it can be.

In brief: There are many

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Check for swelling

Numbness is the first sign if you have tissue swelling called lymphedema - check whether foot is swollen - swelling could be because of minor cuts or injury.

In brief: Check for swelling

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown