Can I get my daughter the MMR vaccine if she has an allergy? What are some good sources?

In brief: Yes, except for. . .
Healthy children should get two MMR shots to protect them from measles, mumps, and rubella.
Measles is a severe disease and extremely contagious. Children with anaphylaxis (a type of immediate allergic reaction) to gelatin (jello), eggs, or neomycin (an antibiotic) should talk with pediatricians before getting MMR shots. Mmr does not contain mercury nor aluminum, and is not related to autism.

In brief: Yes, except for. . .
Dr. Vasu Brown
Thank you Dr. Kwok I did not realize MMR did not have aluminum
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Maybe
It depends on the allergy.
If one is allergic to any component of the vaccine, then that child may not be able to receive the second dose - specifically contraindicated are allergy to neomycin, gelatin or sever allergic reaction to 1st mmr. Egg allergy, even anaphylactic is not contraindication to getting MMR or flu shot per the aap and the cdc. Mmr does not contain aluminum!

In brief: Maybe
It depends on the allergy.
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Steven Seres