Doctor recommended Armour Thyroid for borderline TSH saying it's better than synthroid, (thyroxine) why?

Armour has bothT4+T3. Synthroid (thyroxine) contains t4; however, Armour Thyroid contains T3 and t4. Thus, when a person switches to armour, the fact that T3 is approximately four times as potent as T4 must be taken into account.
Not better. Armour thyroid is derived from pork thyroid. Both T3 and T4 (amounts vary some from pill to pill) are in the drug. Fortunately, even with thyroid dysfunction, the body still makes the enzyme which converts T4 to T3 ( the more active hormone). Taking additional T3 in a pill is of no benefit and can be excessive causing over activity. Studies have found no benefit to armour vs synthroid (thyroxine) (t4).