Pain on top of foot when I step down, only occurs after I get out of bed after sleeping all night?

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry

In brief: Pain on top of foot

It can be related to a tight calf muscle try stretching your calf/gastrosoleal muscle before getting out of bed with a towel.
You can look it up on the internet for example under plantar fasciitis stretching.

In brief: Pain on top of foot

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Christopher Guzik

In brief: Plantar Fasciatis

Symptoms the most common complaint is pain and stiffness in the bottom of the heel.
The heel pain may be dull or sharp. The bottom of the foot may also ache or burn. The pain is usually worse: in the morning when you take your first steps after standing or sitting for a while when climbing stairs after intense activity the pain may develop slowly over time, or suddenly after intense activity.

In brief: Plantar Fasciatis

Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Adam Smith