What do I need to know if I get into a car accident while pregnant?

Dr. Stephen Scarantino
In brief: Report to your doc
Regardless of the trimester you are in, you should inform your OB that you were involved in a car accident.
He/she will have certain tests performed to ensure that you and your baby are safe. While driving or a passenger in any motor vehicle, a seatbelt should always be worn.

In brief: Report to your doc
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
It is important to use the shoulder strap properly along with the seat belt & learn to sit as far back in the seat or from the steering wheel as is comfortable. You don't want the full impact of any airbag on your belly.
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
In brief: Get evaluation
After a car accident while pregnant, you should have your pregnancy evaluated -- immediately if you are having pain or bleeding.

In brief: Get evaluation
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. Jeffrey Seiden
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Maternity
Wear a maternity seat belt.

In brief: Maternity
Wear a maternity seat belt.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery