How do I protect my 2-year-old from fire and burns?

Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Practice escape plan
Practice a fire escape plan.
Check smoke detectors and replace batteries as needed. Check food temperatures carefully. They should not be too hot. Keep hot appliances and cords out of reach. Keep electrical appliances out of the bathroom. Keep matches and lighters out of reach. Don't allow your child to use the stove, microwave, hot curlers, or iron. Turn your water heater down to 120°f (50°c).

In brief: Practice escape plan
Practice a fire escape plan.
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Safety first!
•practice a fire escape plan.
•check smoke detectors. Replace the batteries if necessary. •check food temperatures carefully. They should not be too hot. •keep hot appliances and cords out of reach. •keep electrical appliances out of the bathroom. •keep matches and lighters out of reach. •don't allow your child to use the stove, microwave, hot curlers, or iron. •turn your water heater down to 120°.

In brief: Safety first!
•practice a fire escape plan.
Dr. Christianne Strickland
Dr. Christianne Strickland
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Carefully!!!
Something you should look out for is "gimmicky clothing".
A lot of vendors market "glo-in-the-dark" clothing for children...Which is more flammable than regular clothing when exposed to higher temperatures; and should be avoided. I cannot agree enough with dr. Beymer...The best prevention is avoidance! so do a 'walkthru" of your home at your child's height and fix what you find...That'll help!

In brief: Carefully!!!
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey