Should my 2-year-old brush teeth?

Dr. Jeanne Beymer

Brushing teeth regularly after meals is important.
Think up a game and make brushing fun.

Think up a game and make brushing fun.
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer

In brief: Brush after meals!

You can even think up a game and make brushing fun. You should brush the child's teeth yourself to make sure that they are properly cleaned, but you can let he or she "practice" as well. The recommendations are also to start seeing a dentist at 1 years old, although many dentists do not see children until they are 3 or 4 years old.

In brief: Brush after meals!

Dr. Christianne Strickland
Dr. Christianne Strickland

In brief: Absolutely!!

Start good habits early.
Use a Fluoride free tooth paste made for young children. Remember tooth decay does not discriminate by age!

In brief: Absolutely!!

Start good habits early.
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

Have your little guy/gal brush best they can with direction form you.
Then follow up with you brushing their teeth before bedtime. Good oral hygiene habits need to be established early.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dr. Scott Peters
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: YES!

Yes, you should absolutely be brushing your child's teeth.
In my office i recommend the parents brush their kids teeth until at least 8 years old. I still brush my 9 year old's teeth too.

In brief: YES!

Dr. Scott Peters
Dr. Scott Peters
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Absolutely

Teeth should be cleaned as soon as they are present.
Use Fluoride toothpaste at an age where the child will not swallow it, usually about 2. Cleaning earlier can be accomplished using a spot of baking soda.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: 2 more

The ada recognizes the above pluss 2 more: public health dentist and prosthodontist and the sub-specialty of maxillofacial prosthodontics.

In brief: 2 more

Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch

In brief: No, but most do.

I always need an affirmative to 2 questions before deciding not to remove a wisdom tooth.
I need to see that the tooth is in an acceptable position in the mouth and i need to see that it is being kept clean.

In brief: No, but most do.

Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch

In brief: Yes!

Start good habits early.

In brief: Yes!

Start good habits early.
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch

In brief: Choices!!

Orthodontics is typically the best alternative if it is an option.
Technology provides you with alternatives to the traditional silver braces in the form of tooth colored braces, invisalign, clear correct or even just retainers in some cases. If you are looking for instant gratification and are aware of the downside to veneers, they could be an alternative.

In brief: Choices!!

Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
Dr. Cindy Juster