Can my 12-month-old get a rash and fever from vaccines?

In 10% of cases. At the 12-month well visit, an infant usually gets the MMR and chicken pox vaccines. These are both live virus vaccines. As a result, about 10% of infants can have a slight fever and mild rash about 10-14 days after the vaccines. Both the fever and rash resolve in a few days.
Yes. Yes - vaccines cause an immune response to what is contained in the vaccine. This may, and may not, include having a fever. Usually, a fever related to vaccines will last up to 3-4 days and not be terribly severe. Any fever that is very high, or any time the child is acting very ill, even after vaccines, you should discuss the situation with your doctor. The reaction may also include a rash.
Yes. Call your child's healthcare provider if your child has a rash or any reaction to the shots other than fever and mild irritability, or if your child has a fever that lasts more than 36 hours.