What can I read to my 9-month-old?

Dr. Holly Maes
In brief: Anything
Newspaper, directions to the cell phone, ingredients on the box of cheerios, steinbeck, dr. Seuss (my favorite is sneetches), poe, the bible or koran, magazine articles on gardening or fishing, goodnight moon, the wild baby (especially if your child's name is ben), your new baby 0-1 years of age by the aap, a biology or physics textbook.
... It doesn't matter what - just that you are spending time!

In brief: Anything
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
2 comments
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Amazing, Excellent answer, enjoyed. Keep doing!
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Rhymes, songs
Your child will enjoy feeling the rough and smooth textures found in "touching" books and listening to the sounds of nonsense verse and nursery rhymes.
You'll be surprised at how quickly she will learn to join in the rhymes and songs.

In brief: Rhymes, songs
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer