Yesterday my voice was hoarse & today I can't talk - my dr says its laryngitis- how long does that last & what can I do to get my voice back? Help!

See below. Viral infectiions cause the majoritty of cases of acute laryngitis. Mycoplasma and chlamydophilia infectiions are also frequent causes. Treatment is generally symptomatic ie. Voice rest, use of antitussives to stop all coughing, analgesics and humidification. Antibiotics are generally not recommended. It usually resolves in less than 7 days.
Be patient. Most cases of laryngitis are self-limited and are usually infection related. Typically good voice hygiene (no yelling, no excessive coughing and clearing of throat, no prolonged talking, no straining with talking) and adequate hydration is all that you need. If you hoarseness persists for more than 2 weeks or if you still concerned, you should see an ENT for a proper vocal cord examination.