What if I smoke in front of my 2-month-old?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Hard to say

It cannot be good for them, but we cannot quantify how bad from a practical standpoint.
It is probably worse than with an adult.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Be prepared for pbs

Infants who are exposed to cigarette smoke have 2-3 x increase in respiratory infections like ear infections and bronchitis.
There is also an increase in the crib death risk. Over time the kid grows up thinking it's great to smoke because the people they love most do, leading to another generation with related health issues.

In brief: Be prepared for pbs

Dr. Jeanne Beymer

In brief: Quit

If you smoke, set a quit date and stop.
Ask your healthcare provider for help in quitting. If you cannot quit, do not smoke in the house or near children.

In brief: Quit

If you smoke, set a quit date and stop.
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jonathan Jassey