What if I smoke in front of my 2-month-old?

Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Hard to say
It cannot be good for them, but we cannot quantify how bad from a practical standpoint.
It is probably worse than with an adult.

In brief: Hard to say
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Be prepared for pbs
Infants who are exposed to cigarette smoke have 2-3 x increase in respiratory infections like ear infections and bronchitis.
There is also an increase in the crib death risk. Over time the kid grows up thinking it's great to smoke because the people they love most do, leading to another generation with related health issues.

In brief: Be prepared for pbs
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Quit
If you smoke, set a quit date and stop.
Ask your healthcare provider for help in quitting. If you cannot quit, do not smoke in the house or near children.

In brief: Quit
If you smoke, set a quit date and stop.
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Cindy Juster