How can I make the car safe for my 2-month-old?

In brief: Proper safety seat
Use a proper rear facing, five point restraint system that is properly installed in the car. If possible, position in the middle of the back seat.
If not approved (car owner manual) the passenger back is 2nd choice. If using a removable seat, never put it on the roof or hood, only the ground if entering or exiting. Remove any loose objects that might fly out in a roll over & hit you or baby.

In brief: Proper safety seat
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
In brief: Rear-facing car seat
Never leave a child alone in a car. Use an approved infant car safety seat and follow the instructions for proper use.
You are encouraged to have your car seat installation checked at a child seat safety inspection station.  you can find inspection stations in your area by visiting the national highway traffic safety administration website:  www.Nhtsa.Gov. Parents should always wear seat belts.

In brief: Rear-facing car seat
Dr. Jeanne Beymer
Dr. Jeanne Beymer