What should I pack to bring to the hospital?

Dr. Stephen Scarantino

In brief: Necessities

Generally speaking, you may bring whatever you think you may need for the duration of your stay at the hospital.
Basics like: clothing/sleepwear; toothbrush and toothpaste; hair and makeup products; etc. Your cellphone, laptop computer and reading materials are good things to bring as well. Insurance card and identification, admission papers and any prenatal records are important as well.

In brief: Necessities

Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Dr. Jeannette Lager

In brief: Positive atmosphere

It is nice to pack items that optimize your birth experience--lavender oil or other essential oils, soft lights, music that is meaningful/motivating (ipod and speakers).
After the birth, it is nice to have some of your favorite toiletries and a comfy robe. I also recommend bringing your breast feeding pillow, since you'll be starting to breastfeed while in the hospital.

In brief: Positive atmosphere

Dr. Jeannette Lager
Dr. Jeannette Lager