I had an MRI last week and results came that I have a fatty liver. I am overweight. Is my liver condition reversible with a strict diet? Thank you.

Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Emergency Medicine

It does take more than just diet.
You need to know if there is any Insulin resistance and cholesterol and triglyceride panel. I like to use lipoid acid as it helps get rid of the fatty liver.

It does take more than just diet.
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. Tracie Leonhardt
Dr. Pouya Shafipour

In brief: Probably YES

Fatty liver is a on condition seen in overweight.
Avoiding starch and sugar and being on a higher protein lower car and plant/fish based fat will help with weight loss and resolution or improvement of fatty liver.

In brief: Probably YES

Dr. Pouya Shafipour
Dr. Pouya Shafipour
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: YES IT CAN BE REVERS

If the cause is only obesity and you do not have other conditions like diabetese, alcohol intake etc, causing it, you may be able to reverse it by going on diet, loosing weight and regular exercise regemen good luck but check with your doctor as he/she will have more information about your condition, as to why the MRI was ordered in first place.

In brief: YES IT CAN BE REVERS

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Marsha Davis