Fast heart beat, insomnia, shortness of breath, anxiety, feeling weak while taking welbutrin. Is this normal?

Dr. Donald Nino

In brief: Side effects

For wellbutrin (bupropion) do include insomnia and a few other nervous system symptoms.
If you have only recently been started on the med and are feeling these symptoms, you should contact the prescribing doctor and inform them.

In brief: Side effects

Dr. Donald Nino
Dr. Donald Nino
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Not unusual

I always give a short course of Clonazepam to help sleep and anxiety while initiating wellbutrin (bupropion).
This drug brings up norepinephrine first; if mood anxiety predominant may kick off panic attacks until the Dopamine kicks in later which decreases background noise. You are having anxiety on wellbutrin (bupropion), i would cut the dose in 1/2 if recent start, if on it a while may need add on sertraline, see doc.

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman