What are the benefits and costs of pipe smoking?

Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: No benefits

There are no health benefits to any type of smoking.
The cost could be your health.

In brief: No benefits

The cost could be your health.
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Dr. SCOTT HARWOOD
Strongly agree.
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dentistry

In brief: Costs.

Benefits: um... The "sherlock holmes look?" costs: cost of tobacco and pipe (minimal;) cost of ill health for your lips, cheeks and gums (huge); cost of oral cancer risk (potentially minimal/potentially enormous).
Think about an alternative.

In brief: Costs.

Think about an alternative.
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: None, your life

Are you asking what are the benefits of pipe smoking as compared to cigarettes or chewing tobacco, or what? Pipe smoking can lead to cancer and death and a host of other medical problems.
I have personally seen too many patients who have died from oral cancers, lost sections of their jaws, suffer from lung diseases, and cannot swallow or breathe normally. Why take that chance?

In brief: None, your life

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler