Is methylene blue any good for lower back pain?

Discogenic back pain. The preliminary results indicated that the result of intradiscal mb injection for the treatment of discogenic low back pain was relatively encouraging in one study I found for the people have discoginc back pain.
Unlikely. Although one chinese study demonstrated positive results efforts to reproduce the results in other populations have been discouraging.
Painful disk? Maybe. There was a study looking into this (eur spine j. 2007 january; 16 (1): 33–38). If back pain is due to a painful disk, there is a possibility that an injection of Methylene Blue into the disk may provide some pain relief. The study was small, however. Discussion with physician who does this procedure may be helpful. Methylene blue taken by mouth is more likely to hurt than help, in my opinion.