How long does the swelling last after having a face lift?

Varies. Swelling varies from person to person. Some swell more than others. The surgical technique of the surgeon and the way he handles the tissues will make a difference. In my experience over 90% of my patient are back to work within 2 weeks. The swelling however will last 6-12 weeks on the average.
2-4 weeks. Swelling after a facelift typically resolves in 2-4 weeks.
Facelift. If you prepare for surgery by being off aspirin, NSAIDs and herbal remedies, it can minimize the bleeding, bruising and swelling, after surgery, follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions. Most patients are sociable after a week or so.
This . This is typically performed in combination with liposuction. Bruising can be minimal lasting only 3-4 days but when more extensive, it can last 3-4 weeks. Rest, ice, compression, and avoidance of blood thinning agents may help to minimize swelling. Compression garments and lymphatic massage may also be advocated by some surgeons to expedite resolution of swelling.
4-6 weeks. Most of the swelling resolves after 4-6 weeks. Mild swelling can last for up to 3-6 months, but it is much less noticeable than the initial swelling.
Facelift swelling ? A great deal depends on what procedures you have with your facelift and how the facelift is performed. You can look at this site and see the healing process. There is a patient that was 36 y/o that I had to perform a re-do facelift. The pictures show her results right after surgery and long term. http://www.drkulick.com/face-procedures-san-francisco/laser-assisted-facelift/
Swelling. Everyone is different in terms of how much swelling they experience after a facelift. It also varies on the type of facelift. It takes 2 weeks for most of the swelling to resolve. Most people will feel comfortable going out into public after about 2 weeks, and the swelling continues to get better over the next several weeks. http://www.dassmd.com/facelift/index.html.
Depends. There are a variety of facelift techniques. The more invasive the more improvement, but the longer the swelling lasts. Generally 70% of swelling is gone in 3 weeks, 80-85% in three months, and full healing is realized at one year after surgery.