I have a 23 year old daughter who suffers deppresion and seems to have trouble with school?

Treatment available. Of the common mental illnesses, depression is one that has good treatments available. A parent with an older child who is depressed has to take the child to a primary care doctor, who can rule out medical conditions that cause depression, and can also start treatment. Care from a psychologist (non-md) or psychiatrist (md) can be added. One must call 911 if a person is suicidal or harming others.