Is hyperbaric oxygen therapy {hbot} generally recommended to heal renal {kidney} disease?

In brief: No

Hyperbaric oxygen is used in a few llimited scenarios.
..But chronic or acute kidney disease are not one of those scenarios. That being said, I am sure there are some people out there doing it.

In brief: No

Dr. Mathew Sorensen
Dr. Mathew Sorensen

In brief: This is not an

Approved indication for hbot.

In brief: This is not an

Approved indication for hbot.
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Hyperbaric oxygen

There are no controlled studies that hyperbaric oxygen helps with kidney disease.
It is not even among those diagnoses approved by medicare for payment; thus, the patient and or their family will incur considerable costs for these treatments that have not been proven to help. More research needs to be completed before this can be recommended.

In brief: Hyperbaric oxygen

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: I have never used

HBOT to treat renal diseases in my practice and don't know any where it is being used for the treatment of renal diseases.

In brief: I have never used

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care