Can bee pollen work as an effective treatment of outdoor allergies?

No. Pollen (bee or otherwise) is an allergen and can elicit an immune response (allergic response). If you have allergies, you should use an anti-histamine or have allergy testing done. Yu can start with an allergist or an ent.
Yes. Yes the tip to using bee pollen extract mix this with honey and take it in mouth and then after honey melts swallow this the honey draws the infecting organism and the propolis (bee pollen) kills this dosage might be higher during acute infection.