Can taking 4 Excedrin every morning hurt me?

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Excedrin has ASA
Excedrin has aspirin.
This can cause large and 'silent' ulcers. The Aspirin both causes the ulcer and masks the symptoms - i.e. They are painless until they bleed. The biggest ulcers i've seen were from excedrin... I suggest you get a better solution for the problems for which you're taking the excedrin...

In brief: Excedrin has ASA
Excedrin has aspirin.
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Not a good idea
You didn't say why you are doing this.
4 regular excedrin gives you the maximum recommended dose of acetaminophen, which if taken frequently can harm your liver. You are also getting 1000mg. Of aspirin, which is more than the 650mg. Recommended dose. This interferes with blood clotting and can cause ulcers. Finally you are getting about as much caffeine as 4 cups of coffee. Not recommended.

In brief: Not a good idea
You didn't say why you are doing this.
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Vikram Patel