Can doctors fix a lazy eye?

Yes and no. If the child is young and the amblyopia is corrected it can be fixed. If not then no.
Yes and no. Non-physicians frequently lump several different conditions together. If the lazy eye is a drooping lid it may be fixable. If the lazy eye is a wandering eye then a multitude of therapies may be available. If it is from amblyopia then depending on evaluations vision may be recoverable.This needs to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist to determine options available.
Yes. Yes, in many cases lazy eye can be fixed either non-surgically or surgically. Please see a local ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) to be appropriately evaluated.