I keep getting hives all over my body (esp legs) and can't figure out a cause! help?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Hives
Hives are red, raised and intensely itchy bumps that have multiple causes.
If you have tried avoidance measures, then maybe you should see an allergist for evaluation. Keep showers cool, topical anti-itch creams and oral non-sedating antihistamines at a dose of twice daily as opposed to once daily.

In brief: Hives
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
In brief: Many possible causes
To evaluate urticaria (hives) that come more than one time, a doctor can first examine and talk with the patient.
Then blood tests can be done, to check for abnormalities in the blood, as well as for antibodies to foods or other possible allergens causing the urticaria. At an allergist's office, skin tests can be done to look for reactions to possible allergens causing the hives.

In brief: Many possible causes