My WBC was low twice and the 3rd time it was normal. Should I have another draw to be safe?

Dr. Claude Parola

In brief: Depends

Sometimes a viral infection can cause your WBC to go low and once you get over the infection , the WBC goes back up to normal, but other diseases may cause low wbc, such as : hiv, myelodysplasia etc.
.. ( abnormal bone marrow functioning). If your WBC was slightly low and then become normal, i would not worry much, but if it was very low and become bearly normal, repeating it is not a bad idea.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Probably not

Probably not, especially if there are no other signs or symptoms.
There is a form of cyclic neutropenia that can cause WBC counts to vary periodically between low and normal values.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Andrea Brand