I twisted my ankle last year and it is still hurting. Particularly the inside by the lower bone?

Dr. Robert Mihalich
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Not sure
Not sure what is going on, but this is not an expected outcome of a sprain.
I would recommend evaluation by a orthopedic foot and ankle specialist. You can find one in your area at aofas.Org.

In brief: Not sure
Dr. Robert Mihalich
Dr. Robert Mihalich
In brief: Orthopedic Dr. helps
An orthopedic doctor (bone specialist) can evaluate an ankle that is still hurting many months after an injury.
One year is a long time to have persistent symptoms (even 6 months seems long). Maybe the ankle is not stable and is getting re-injured off and on. Sometimes, there is a fracture in which the broken pieces did not heal together. The symptoms can also be unrelated to the original injury.

In brief: Orthopedic Dr. helps
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine