What is your take on sport supplements such creatin, protein and amino acids. ?

Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Pharmacology

In brief: My take is stay away

There is simply no substitute for hard working exercise.
Sport supplements such as creatin, protein and Amino Acids should only be used under the close supervision of your health care professional, most of whom will discourage their use.

In brief: My take is stay away

Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: They do work.

Actually, protein, amino acids (particularly the BCAAs) and creatine will actually help - there is literature to support their benefit.
Make sure you drink plenty of water while increasing your intake of proteins and adding creatine. For creatine, no more than 5g daily (can get benefit with as little as 1g daily). For protein, don’t need much more than 1g per kilogram body weight per day.

In brief: They do work.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine