What is a more serious illness bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder bipolar type?

Both are serious. Both of these illnesses are serious and require ongoing psychiatric treatment. Out of control, either than severely disrupt a person's life and relationships. Perhaps schizoaffective disorder may be a little more complicated, because the person still has psychotic symptoms even when no active mood problem is expressing itself. So, the medications needed may be more.
No simple answer b/c. It depends on the person and the severity of the disorder. Persons with bipolar i can be psychotic as are individuals w/ schizoaffective disorder, which means a combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder. All things being equal, the person with schizoaffective disorder with bipolar characteristics is likely to have more mental health problems.