My chest has been sore for a few weeks. I believe it's a minor cracked rib or pulled muscle. ?

Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Doesn't matter
Whether a rib is broken or bruised is not a particularly meaningful distinction- both are quite painful and the pain lasts for weeks.
An easy way to tell the difference, is to compress the chest wall (place hands away from the area of soreness). When you compress the chest wall, if pain is felt at the area of soreness, the rib is likely cracked (bruises only hurt when you press directly on them).

In brief: Doesn't matter
Dr. Luke Hermann
Dr. Luke Hermann
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Sports Medicine
In brief: Chest wall soreness
Are you short of breath? If not, it is not an emergency.
Muscle pulls may take up to 6 weeks to feel better and this is about the same amount of time for a rib fracture to heal. If you are still limited by pain after 6 weeks, see your doc.

In brief: Chest wall soreness
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine