What do we do if my bf has been w someone w hpv? We haven't had sex yet. I've had the 3 gardasil shot

In brief: Look for other STD's
If 2 people haven't had sex but know about each other's contact with hpv+ people, that means the couple talks about std's (communication is good!).
A man can get Gardasil to prevent getting the 4 vaccine strains, but the shots won't get rid of hpv strains he already has. More importantly, the couple is talking, so they can go together to their doctors to be checked for other std's, like chlamydia.

In brief: Look for other STD's
2015 update: The original Gardasil protects against 4 HPV strains. A new Gardasil that adds protection against 5 more cancer-causing strains of HPV, to protect against a total of 9 HPV strains, will be available this year. This new version of the vaccine is called Gardasil 9.
Dr. Adam Levy