I am suffering from mastitis for the 4th time in 3 months; is it possible to wean on one side only?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
I agree with dr magraw, but be aware that breast feeding on only one side will result in significant asymmetry which may not fully correct when completed.

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Depending on the stage of your lactation, you may not produce a sufficient quantity of milk for your baby.
So, you need to monitor the baby"s growth and nutrition carefully during the partial weaning stage. You also need to discuss with your pediatrician why this is recurring. If there are other conditions other than infected/inflamed milk ducts at play.

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Jane Van Dis