Are there any common side effects of simultaneously taking benedryl and adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

Yes. Benadryl, also known as diphenhydramine, causes decreased brain function for as long as 24 hours after a dose as low as 25 mg. The impact is on sequential ordering, judgment, attention, working memory, and comprehension. These are exactly some of the areas that are impacted in someone with ad/hd. So using Benadryl will decrease the effectiveness of the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and increase ad/hd symptoms.
Benadryl/Adderall. Benadryl, (diphenhydramine) like adderall, can occasionally cause dry mouth, increased heart rate, and in children, irritability (paradoxical reaction) in some.
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) & Adderall. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is an antihistamine and Adderall is an amphetamine. They serve different purposes that are opposite in some ways but may complement each other. For example Adderall may interfere with sleep and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) may help with sleep. So a person may take Adderall in the morning to help with attention and take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) at night if needed for sleep.