Can one golf 17 days after minor laproscopic hernia? If not how long. ~40 / male. 25 lb over weight.

You will want to pace yourself and be aware of your body's sensations.
Any discomfort, pulling, or tugging in your groin is a sign that you're not ready for that much activity. You may be better off chipping and putting practice than driving practive or a full game. Remember, that mesh your doctor placed needs to seal in place -- if it moves, it can cause a recurrence of your hernia.

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Dr. Luis Villaplana
I WAS GOLFING 10 DAYS AFTER MINE... BUT I'M A NUT
Dr. Patricio Gargollo
Pediatrics - Urology

Yes if you were my patient.

Yes if you were my patient.
Dr. Patricio Gargollo
Dr. Patricio Gargollo

Generally yes.
Recovery from any type of laparoscopic surgery is usually anywhere between 3-14 days. Most of my patients return to full activites within 2 weeks after surgery.

Generally yes.
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery