I have gerds, or acid reflux, i take 20mg omeprazole daily.Three months ago stopped taking .Iam back on now about 1 mth. Develeped irregular heart bea?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not sure

I am not sure that your gerd is not related to your heart.
The question is whether the Omeprazole actually helps or not, if not, the indigestion may be really angina. Omeprazole is not commonly known to cause "irregular heart beat".

In brief: Not sure

Dr. Tony Maglione
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Possibly

omeprazole can cause irregular heart beats-would stop the omeprazole if ok with the doctor that prescribed it and see if irregular beats go away.
if not, the omeprazole is probably not the cause and a work up is indicated such as labs, holter monitor, echocardiogram and stress testing.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology